||Issue No. 206||05 December 2003|
A New Mark for Labor
Interview: Muscling Up
Unions: Thinking Pink
Bad Boss: Global Bully
Unions: National Focus
Economics: Friend or Flunkey?
History: Young Blood
Industrial: Living For Work?
International: Fighting Together
Poetry: Medicare Plus Blues
Review: Human Racing
The Locker Room
Bob Gould On Kicking The Liberals Out
Australian Writers' Muster
Check out the latest additions to our illustrious list of speakers and panellists:
SUE WOOLFE author of the enthusiastically reviewed "The Secret Cure" (and previously "Leaning Towards Infinity") is joining PETER GOLDSWORTHY on the
Arts & Science = Great Leaps of the Imagination panel.
TONY McNAMARA playwright ("The Virgin Mim", "The Unlikely Prospect of
Happiness" which is in the 2004 STC Season) and screenwriter ("The Rage in
Placid Lake") is taking the Playwrights' Master class and is a panellist on the Global/Local discussion.
TIM PYE Deputy Commissioning Editor ABC TV Drama 1999-2001, Executive
Producer "Changi" and whose credits include "White Collar Blue", "Water Rats", "Wildside", "Seachange" to name a few and winner of a handful of AFI,
AWGIE and LOGIE awards joins the Pushing the Envelope panel.
Actor AARON PEDERSEN (Water Rats, Wildside, Floodhouse) who has played an active role in pushing writers and producers to create story-lines that more accurately reflect our times (especially issues of urban aborigines) also joins the Pushing the Envelope panel.
Due to the length of the film 'MASTER AND COMMANDER - The Far Side of the
World' this session will now start at 6.30pm which means the previous session 'Billy Sind - a Week on West Wing' will now start 30 minutes earlier at 4.30pm Saturday, 6 December.
DON'T FORGET TO KEEP CHECKING THE WEB-SITE: MUSTER PROGRAM UPDATED REGULARLY.
To register go to www.awg.com.au to download a brochure or call us at the national office on (02) 9281 1554.
ARM CHRISTMAS DRINKS
With Special Guest Senator Natasha Stott Despoja, Australian Democrats'
Spokesperson on the Republic
Date: Friday 12 December 2003
Venue: The Glover Cottages
Address: 124 Kent Street Sydney
Tickets: $15 / $10 concession (finger food provided; drinks to be purchased on day)
RSVP: Friday 5 December 2003
Further details and booking form at Christmas drinks
FAIR TRADE COFFEE WEEK
13th-20th December 2003
Make Trade Fair this Christmas
It's that time of year when we're all meeting friends over a coffee, or stocking up the cupboards for Christmas. So while you're having fun, make the effort this week to choose great tasting Fair Trade goods.
To celebrate the growth of Fair Trade coffee roasters in Sydney, and the new Australian Fair Trade accreditation logo, we're hosting Fair Trade Coffee Week from 13th-20th December.
IT'S EASY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
* Choose Fair Trade cups of coffee & tea in your local cafe
* Buy Fair Trade chocolate for presents
* Stock up on Fair Trade coffee beans for the Christmas season
* Encourage your university, workplace, or coffee shop to serve fair trade coffee
* See if your local deli or supermarket stocks fair trade tea, coffee and chocolate - and tell us if they do.
LOOK FOR FAIR TRADE SUPPLIERS
This time last year, there were very few Fair Trade suppliers. Thanks to your efforts and the Make Trade Fair campaign, there are now a number of great coffee roasters in Sydney supporting Fair Trade. Look out for:
* Tobys Estate - look for their and their distinctive black label at cafes throughout Sydney and the Toby's Estate Roastery and Espresso Bar at 129 Cathedral St (cnr Palmer St), Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
* Single Origin Coffee at 60-64 Resevoir Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, tel: 02 9211 0665 or email: Single Origin Coffee
* Tradewinds - Tradewinds is an alternative trading organisation that has been importing fairly traded tea and coffee for over twenty years. They supply great teas and coffees - look in your local delis, the Oxfam CAA shops or purchase online at Tradewinds
* Oxfam Community Aid Abroad Shops
Check out our 2 shops, one in the city and the new shop in Miranda
- Sydney at Shop C20, Centrepoint, 100 Market Street, Sydney 2000, Phone:
02 9231 4016
- Miranda at Shop 2036C, (Outside the Kingsway Entrance), Westfield Miranda,
600 The Kingsway, Miranda NSW 2228, Phone: 02 9524 8053
* And if you supply coffee, get involved with the Fair trade push by the
It's never been easier to make a difference. Have a very Merry Christmas and choose Fair Trade for the New Year.
|Search All Issues | Latest Issue | Previous Issues | Print Latest Issue|
© 1999-2002 Workers Online